We are looking for a Software Developer with strong technical expertise and decent years of experience to join our organization. You will be responsible for facilitating the development process and operations across our organization. Besides, you should own excellent leadership skills to mentor and guide the team members.
To be successful in this job role, you should be able to streamline all Developing practices. You should be able to review technical operations and automate the process using the right tools and techniques.
Your knowledge of the latest industry trends will prove beneficial in designing efficient practices. Moreover, you should be able to demonstrate excellent research skills and outstanding problem-solving abilities. If you possess the required skills, knowledge, and experience, then do write to us. We would be happy to meet you.
Values & Passion
- Understand what it means to work in a growing agile project and ecosystem.
- Resonate with our values & collaboration manifesto (2017).
- Be passionate and willing to bring a positive change to our world.
- Understand it won’t be a 9-5 job. We are changing the world, it takes courage and perseverance.
- Be willing to travel and to other locations to work directly with our global team.
The ThreeFold Grid will eventually have millions of nodes and users, and it’s very important to develop the main components of the ThreeFold technology to handle this expected future growth. We are looking for a Senior Developer who will take ownership of the overall development of one of the main technological components of the ThreeFold Grid - Zero-OS, the application layer, blockchain stack, and more.
Your main responsibility will be to develop the code behind one of these components and making sure that it adheres to the technology roadmap to deliver the peer-to-peer Internet according to our design manifesto. You will also work closely with a QA Engineer to support with documentation where needed.
You will be working primarily on zero-os, a peer-to-peer virtual system administrator, and/or our existing blockchain stack, depending on your preferences and skill set. Depending on company requirements, you will also work on maintaining and expanding our other (existing) products, where needed. Properly document the setup and expected environment of the software you create.
- Able to question the status quo
- Understand the world needs a new operating system
- Be smart & agile
- Fast learner
- Able to think conceptual about data models, IT architecture, business requirements
- Fluent in multiple development languages - Python, Go (or similar), experience with Rust is a big plus
- Fluent with Github, agile processes
- Can work with docker or alike
- Fluent in English
- Good communicator
- Understand and follow Pareto 20/80 rule
- Be a good teacher
- Flexible out-of-the-box thinker
- Understand what it means to be a team lead
- Be at least level ‘wolf’ in the skill levels we use
What we offer
- A desk in our Belgian office
- A competitive wage
- Flexible hours
- Great team spirit
- Yearly team trips abroad